UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and Unisanté encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and Unisanté invite applications for the post of:
Head of Research with academic title of Associate Professor
in Occupational hygiene and biometrology
Starting date: to be agreed
Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Centre universitaire de médecine générale et santé publique, Unisanté, is active in research, academic training, prevention and care. Innovative and unique in Switzerland, it promotes interdisciplinarity as well as the union of skills involved in health issues. Our health, work and environment department (DSTE) aims to promote healthy working environments and conditions that are favorable to individuals and society. We work with companies and conducts applied research in the field of occupational and environmental health. We provide undergraduate and postgraduate training for occupational health actors and specialists.
Main missions :
- lead a research unit in the Department of Occupational and Environmental Health of Unisante
- build up and stimulate competitive research activities
- manage the research unit
- contribute to the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching
- actively participate in the training of Swiss hygienists and toxicologists, in the development of biological exposure indicators and in the coordination of experimental and human studies
- participate in the Executive committee of the Department
- PhD in science or technical science
- training and experience in the field of occupational hygiene, toxicology, and exposure sciences,
- Swiss Hygienist title (SSHT) or an international Hygienist title recognized by the NAR (IOHA)
- recognized expertise and academic track record in the field of biological monitoring and industrial toxicology
- strong experience in conducting experimental (in vitro, volunteer) and field studies
- teaching experience
- demonstrated abilities for interdisciplinary collaboration
- ability to set up clinical research programs likely to be supported by expert external funds
- proficiency in French (level at least B2, C1 ideally or ability to acquire it quickly), proficiency in English (C1), good knowledge of German
Further information may be obtained from Prof. David Vernez (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of the Health, Work and Environment department at Unisanté.
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, v) a summary of previous teaching experience (if applicable), vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references, vii) a copy of diplomas, and viii) a valid identity card. They should be submitted online by 16th March 2023 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and Unisanté are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates www.unil.ch/egalite.