UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Physician, Associate/Full Professor
Head of the Vascular Surgery Service (CVA)
Heart-Vessel Department (DCV)
Starting date: to be agreed
Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
With its highly specialized staff, cutting-edge facilities and research laboratory, the Vascular Surgery Service provides personalized care and the very best in vascular surgery care, teaching and research. The postgraduate training for the specialist title in vascular surgery will allow the selected candidate to practice the acquired knowledge and techniques in the field of vascular surgery under his/her own responsibility, both in the out- and in-patient sectors.
Main missions of the position:
- Lead, organize and manage the activities of an academic vascular surgery Service.
- Ensure and strengthen the expertise and quality of the clinical missions of the service while developing multidisciplinary and inter-institutional collaborations and synergies in line with the CHUV strategic plan.
- Coordinate, conduct and develop a high level of clinical and academic research, financed by external expert funds and published in recognized scientific journals.
- Ensure and lead the missions of pre-graduate training (according to the FBM’s needs), post-graduate training (ISFM training center cat. A1) and continuous training, in the field of the discipline, by being the official person in charge of the discipline.
- Maintain a high level of medical and scientific talent, strengthen the influence of the clinical and academic field both internally and externally, and collaborate with the hospitals of the “Fédération des hôpitaux vaudois (FHV)” and neighboring cantons.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite
- Federal medical degree (or Mebeko recognition required), MD or MD-PhD
- ISFM specialist in surgery and vascular surgery (or Mebeko recognition required)
- Extensive clinical experience in the field of vascular surgery on a tertiary level
- Knowledge/experience in complex aortic diseases treatment
- Experience and perspective of interdisciplinary collaboration with the angiology service for the treatment of vascular pathologies
- Guarantee the efficiency of the medical care process, in a multidisciplinary way, especially in the heart-vessel Department and with the angiology service in particularly
- Proven and certified managerial skills in leading and managing a large/multisite team and extensive project management experience
- Academic knowledge and expertise of faculty rank with proven practice in pre- and post-graduate teaching
- Ability to establish clinical research programs supported by expert external funding
- Good knowledge of French (LM or C1 ideal, minimum B2 with ability to acquire it quickly).
Further information may be obtained from Pr Nicolas Demartines (firstname.lastname@example.org), CEO of the CHUV, Pre Lucia Mazzolai (email@example.com), Head of the Heart and Vessel Department and Pr Manuel Pascual (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dean of the FBM.
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, v) a summary of previous teaching experience (if applicable), vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references, vii) a copy of diplomas, and viii) a valid identity card. They should be submitted online by July 9th 2023 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.