UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Associate Professor and Senior Physician
within the clinical pathology Service
Starting date: To be agreed Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The selected person will be the pathologist in charge of some subspecialties of surgical pathology. She/he will ensure high quality diagnosis and be the respondent for clinicians. She/he will be responsible for updating diagnostic procedures and modalities in that area and will ensure the development of her/his field of expertise. She/he will take part to medical on-call service and to the supervision of post-mortem and intraoperative frozen section examinations. She/he will lead an original translational research program of her/his own and in collaboration with existing groups. She/he will be in charge of pregraduate, postgraduate, and continuing education related to her/his area of specialty.
- Federal diploma in medicine or title recognized by the Swiss Federal Commission for Medical Professions (obligatory recognition by the Mebeko), MD or MD-PhD
- ISFM specialization in pathology, or a title recognized by the Swiss Federal Commission of the medical professions (obligatory recognition by the Mebeko)
- Strong background in surgical pathology, excellent professional experience in a hospital environment, expertise in soft-tissues pathology, head and neck or uropathology; expertise in immuno-oncopathology and molecular pathology would be definite assets.
- Rigorous, collegial, flexible, proactive, open-minded, scientifically curious and personally committed; with strong organizational, analytical, synthesis and planning skills
- Experience in clinical management and team supervision
- Experience in interdisciplinary collaboration and human resource management
- Academic knowledge of faculty rank with proven practice in pre and postgraduate teaching
- Ability to conduct an autonomous research program that is likely to attract external funding
- Proficiency in French (level at least B2, C1 ideally) or ability to acquire it quickly.
Further information can be obtained from Prof. Laurence de Leval (email@example.com), Head of the clinical pathology Service.
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, v) a summary of previous teaching experience (if applicable), vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references, vii) a copy of diplomas, and viii) a valid identity card.
They should be submitted online by August 21st, 2022 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite