The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Associate Professor and Senior Physician
within the Service of plastic and hand surgery
Starting date: to be agreed
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Service of plastic and hand surgery of the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) is a highly specialized service acting in reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery, together with all elective and emergency hand pathologies. The CHUV offers cutting-edge structures and a research lab. Besides clinical activities, research and teaching in plastic and hand surgery have a prominent role in department activities.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Guarantee University Hospital plastic surgery procedures including expertise in microsurgery, she/he will be Senior physician, with role of Head of the Service during the absences of the Head of the Service (Prof W. Raffoul)
- Provide scientific leadership and deliver top quality research outputs contributing to innovation in plastic surgery
- Deliver undergraduate (medical students) and postgraduate teaching (residents)
- Provide expert advice and support in plastic and reconstructive surgery to other public health practitioners (trans-departmental activities)
- Contribute to the management of the Service
- Contribute to multidisciplinary clinical research
- Have an established basic science research line, ideally with supportive grants, which meet Service clinical needs and expertise
Desired profile :
- MD, MD-PhD or title recognized by the Federal Commission for Medical Professions (Mebeko)
- FMH Specialist Title or equivalent (Mebeko) in plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
- Microsurgical experience with microsurgical fellowship. Clinical skills with recognized microsurgical capacities, particularly in breast microsurgery, lower limb microsurgical reconstruction, sarcoma and lymphatic micro surgery
- Innovative and dynamic profile with academic leadership.
- Track record of effective team working and collaborative development, including international links and evidence of effective engagement
- Solid basic science background, with defined research line matching with the clinical activities of the department
- Track record of clinical publications meeting standards of academic excellence
- Willingness to take on a significant role in the CHUV and the FBM
- Proficiency in French (level at least B2, C1 ideally) a second swiss language (an asset) and a fluent use of English
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Wassim Raffoul (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Service.
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by August 15th 2021 (23:59 GMT+1) to wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/ as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link.
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite